PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre On Nixed Gimmick Planned For His WWE Debut

Kemo
06-17-2021, 08:42 PM
Drew McIntyre originally made his debut with ‘The Chosen One’ character in WWE but the gimmick that was pitched before that was very different.

The former WWE champion recently had an interview with Ryan Satin on the Out of Character podcast where he talked about a number of different things.

During the interview, Drew revealed that the company wanted him to play the role of a male model when he was originally brought to the main roster:

“When I was about to come out of FCW, I remember the character, and some people have heard of this but many haven’t,

But my character pitch was gonna be The Runway Man where I was gonna be a male model. I think this is what became of Fandango eventually.”

McIntyre thankfully didn’t debut as a male model on WWE. Explaining how the plans changed, Drew McIntyre mentioned that he had a sit down with Vince McMahon who decided to let him be himself:

“I was getting ready to be a male model and then I went to TV, I had my sit down with Vince, and I made it clear that I didn’t love it but I’ll make it work.

Whatever he thinks is best but thankfully he did not feel it was best and just kinda let me be myself.”

Vince McMahon cut a promo about the Scottish star a month after his WWE debut in August 2009. He claimed that he had personally signed Drew McIntyre, marking the beginning of his chosen one character.