PDA

View Full Version : Mickie James Compares Her 2010 and 2021 Releases From WWE

Kemo
06-17-2021, 08:59 PM
Mickie James will be the executive producer of the NWA‘s all-women’s PPV this summer. James was recently interviewed by Chris Van Vliet and spoke about the show as well as her releases from WWE in both 2010 and 2021.

James made headlines shortly after her release this spring when she posted to social media that WWE had sent her items to her in a trash bag. As it turns out, WWE did the same thing to her when they released her in 2010 as well.

“This is the crazy thing, I posted that picture to kind of go yeah this still a thing. We have put up with so much crap in wrestling that we had become desensitized. We live in our own world and I forgot that the trash bag was offensive,” James said. “There was more to that too. I rewound back to the 2010 Mickie James, where I was mentally then when it happened the first time. It was like a stab in the heart to an open wound.”

The trash bag incident had major ramification in WWE. Longtime executive with WWE, Mark Carrano, was released from the company as a result. The entire department was shaken up not long after, with John Laurinaitis now taking on a major role.

James continued to say talk about how receiving her items in a trash bag impacted her.

“I took it then as they think I am trash,” she continued. “I was with the company for 4 years, and they think I am trash. All these thoughts were running though my head. If you are already broken, they can be devastating. I am thinking about all of that and all the people who also got released beside me. I see my name on the bag and it defines which bag is in which box. I’m thinking about the girls and they wouldn’t say anything, because you don’t want to mess up an opportunity for the future. But this Mickie James don’t give a sh*t. I am super grateful for my career and my ability; I couldn’t do it without WWE.”

Since her release, James has appeared on NWA programming. She announced that she would be the executive producer of the company’s all-women’s PPV in St. Louis this summer.

James also spoke about how she’s glad future released talent won’t receive the same treatment.

“But I am grateful that no one else will get that. This recent set of releases are getting theirs in Gucci [laughs].”

The full interview with Mickie James can be viewed in the player below:

Sy67tEzaiDc