PDA

View Full Version : Tony Khan On Rivalry With WWE: “It’s True Competition”

Kemo
06-18-2021, 04:34 PM
Tony Khan believes All Elite Wrestling is a viable competitor to WWE. AEW‘s CEO an head of creative appeared on the Moose and Maggie show this week to announce AEW’s first shows from New York and New Jersey this September.

In discussing AEW’s rivalry with WWE, Khan says it’s “intense” and he’s excited to offer fans an alternative wrestling product.

“It’s intense,” he said. “It is a competition. There is no way around it. It’s a true competition. I’m really excited about being a challenger brand and taking on a huge company. And I think for a long time fans were demanding an alternative, and AEW on TNT has given them that.”

JhNSKhvwGNE

Tony Khan also discussed winning the Wednesday night wars against NXT as the competing brand moved to Tuesday nights. He said that they were very successful head to head against other wrestling:

“We’ve really carved out a great fanbase, and Wednesday nights we’ve made a great tradition for ourselves. We had competition on Wednesday nights and we don’t anymore. I think we were very successful head to head against other wrestling on Wednesday nights, we’ve carved out that night for ourselves.”

Apart from this, Tony Khan talked about their announced second show in Rampage and more. Rampage premieres on TNT on Friday August 13.