PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Riott On The Original Main Roster Plans For The Riott Squad

Kemo
06-20-2021, 09:21 PM
The Riott Squad had a long run in WWE after their main roster debut but according to its leader and former WWE star Ruby Riott, the group was only supposed to last a few weeks originally.

The former WWE star recently appeared on The Wrestling Perspective podcast where she discussed many things and revealed the original plans for her faction.

Ruby Riott explained that the faction was not supposed to last more than six weeks. However, their different characters worked so well that the officials decided to keep them together:

“From what I understand, we weren’t supposed to last more than six weeks. It was supposed to be like an entry and then we’d go our separate ways. We didn’t change anything about our characters to adhere to each other,

We just stayed ourselves. What ended up happening was those three very different characters ended working well together,” explained Ruby Riott, “And in contrast, so they kept us together.”

Riott also revealed an interesting rumor about the formation of the group. According to her, she was told that Vince McMahon saw the Suicide Squad and took inspiration from it:

“I was also told that [Vince McMahon] had seen Suicide Squad and he wanted a Joker, a Harley Quinn, and a beast. Then, the Riott Squad was born.

I don’t know how much truth there was to that, it was a rumor, but I wouldn’t doubt it. A lot of my career was right place right time.”

Ruby Riott was paired with Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan upon her main roster debut in November 2017. The group broke up during the 2019 draft when its members were drafted to separate brands.