PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Owens Teases Time Away Following Loss To Sami Zayn

Kemo
06-22-2021, 12:05 AM
Sami Zayn defeated Kevin Owens last night at WWE Hell in a Cell 2021. Owens appeared to have gone into the match still suffering from injuries sustained on Smackdown last Friday night. Owens was pinned by Commander Azeez in a tag-team match after taking the Nigerian Nail to the throat. Zayn took advantage of his rival’s injury and picked up the win with a Heluva Kick after Owens had landed throat first on the ropes.

Owens took to social media earlier this morning and say he “needs a little break.”

I fought like hell.
Now, I need a little break.
I’ll be back soon.

Thank you, guys.

— Kevin (@FightOwensFight) June 21, 2021

During their time in WWE, Owens and Zayn have wrestled each other on WWE programming in singles matches 16x. Including house shows, they’ve wrestled each other 56x. Of the 16 matches that have taken place on WWE television, Owens has won 9, Zayn has won 4, and another 3 went to a no-contest.

Owens is a 7x champion in WWE. He’s held the Universal Championship once, the NXT Championship once, the Intercontinental title twice and the United States Championship 3x. As for Zayn, he is a 1x NXT Champion and a 2x Intercontinental Champion as well.

As a team, Owens and Zayn (as Kevin Steen & El Generico) are also former ROH Tag Team Champions. They’ve also won the PWG Tag Team Championships together twice. In 2010, the Generico vs Steen rivalry was voted “Feud of the Year” by the readers of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.