PDA

View Full Version : Carmella Reveals Huge Praise from Vince McMahon Regarding Her Promo Ability

Kemo
06-27-2021, 08:23 PM
WWE SmackDown Superstar Carmella recently appeared on the Out of Character podcast with Ryan Satin. ‘Mella discussed a number of topics on the show, specifically her two Money In The Bank briefcase wins, including in the first ever MITB Women’s match in history.

“I was super excited. At that point in my career, I had never won a title and thought it was something that would solidify me as making history” Carmella began, discussing how she won the first ever Women’s MITB match.

“Even though I wasn’t the one grabbing the briefcase and I knew that would be very controversial, but I thought even better that it’s controversial because people would be talking about it” Carmella revealed. “It was trending on Twitter for a few days because people were so upset.”

In the first ever MITB match for the Women’s division, Carmella was joined ringside by James Ellsworth. Ellsworth would actually grab the briefcase and throw it to Carmella, meaning that the first person to ever grab the Women’s briefcase…was a man.

Carmella would then reveal that Vince McMahon was quick to praise her once she started cutting promos following her big MITB win. “The SmackDown after winning, I cut a promo and I going out there and going, ‘This is my opportunity. Let me go out there and kill it.’”

“I came back through the curtain and Vince was so complimentary to me about my promo that night and was like, ‘Some of my top guys can’t even cut a promo like that’” Carmella revealed. “So I was just so excited and it ended up hat I won it again. I think it really propelled my career.”