PDA

View Full Version : Tommaso Ciampa Comments On Possibly Moving To WWE’s Main Roster

Kemo
06-30-2021, 01:02 AM
Tommaso Ciampa and Timothy Thatcher are currently a tag team in NXT. Ciampa recently was interviewed by PW Insider and was asked about possibly moving to WWE‘s main roster.

“When I was a kid, I wanted like, ‘Oh, I want to be on WrestleMania and stuff.’ For sure, those were the goals. Because I was signed at 20, 21, and released, and then did a bunch of independents, and toured around the world, and just found myself and grew as a performer. It’s just all these different experiences I had, and it just became more about the journey than anything,” Ciampa said.

He would continue to say that it’s more about performing with talented wrestlers and building his legacy than it is about being on a specific show.

“The Raw brand is fantastic,” Ciampa continued. “Great roster, lots of talented men and women. Same thing with SmackDown, same thing with NXT. I’d love to get in there with everybody.”

Ciampa continued to talk about how he wants to build upon his legacy. and it doesn’t matter so much where he does so.

“It’s just more about me doing things that, I don’t know, help my own legacy at the end of it, that helped me, as a performer, grow and get better and stuff. There’s no door that’s closed, but at the same time, there’s no weird carrot that’s dangling in front of me, where I’m like, ‘Oh, that’s what I got to do.’ It’s just going with the flow of it all and making the most of every opportunity that’s presented to me, essentially.”

In 2019, Triple H spoke about Ciampa possibly working backstage in NXT after his in-ring career concludes.

“I’ll tell you, when the time is right, he’ll be a phenomenal coach,” Triple H said on After the Bell. “He’ll be a phenomenal backstage producer. We’re letting him get experienced in that now.”

“He’s picking up the things that we’re teaching him, and he’s putting it someplace else. And that’s gonna translate long-term in his career too.”