PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Martinez Taken To Hospital Following Injury On NXT

Kemo
06-30-2021, 06:06 PM
Last night on NXT, Xia Li connected with a kick to Mercedes Martinez that seemed to knock her out. Martinez got her shoulder up awkwardly on the pin attempt but the ref called for the bell shortly after it became clear she was hurt.

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Tweeted out shortly after the incident that Martinez was helped to the back and would be taken to hospital for further evaluation.

Aw0_BzoyqYU

“Mercedes Martinez was checked in the back and talent/staff were told she’s headed to the hospital for further evaluation,” he Tweeted. No further updates on her condition are currently available.

Martinez recently spoke to Solo Wrestling about the NXT Women’s Division.

“From what I’ve seen, and from being a part of NXT right now, it’s a family atmosphere, it really is. When it comes to the women’s division, we don’t bring each other down. We really do bring each other up. Each woman’s success is the success of others. When one rises to the top, she brings everybody with her. And that’s really what I love about the NXT Women’s division… the Women’s roster on NXT is untouchable, I can tell you that.”

“I’ve been around a long time and these girls really, really put in the work. And with the facilities at the performance center it’s really top notch at this point.”