PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Makes Unfortunate Error on Dynamite Commentary

Kemo
07-01-2021, 06:11 PM
Jim Ross is the voice of wrestling, for many fans. He has been there for many iconic moments for several different organizations through the years. However, being a veteran of anything does not make you immune to errors.

Since making the move over to AEW, Jim Ross has made a couple of blunders, but none quite so large as at the end of this week’s AEW Dynamite. JR accidentally referred to the show by the wrong company moniker just as they were going off the air.

As the show was going off the air Good ‘ol JR said “Tickets available at AEWtix.com. Folks, there’s nothing in your life that will top seeing a live WWE Dynamite,”

It is an easy mistake to make, especially for a man who has been in the business for so long. Especially when thinking about how many years he spent in WWE before joining AEW.

Naturally, fans were quick to jump on the error, many raising questions as to whether Jim Ross would face repercussions for his faux pas. Not one to hide from things, Jim Ross took to Twitter to address his slip of the tongue.

Yep I apparently made an untimely error tonight at shows end.

No excuses.

And I’m not quitting.

— Jim Ross (@JRsBBQ) July 1, 2021

There were also those that came to JR’s defence, including Busted Open Radio host David LaGreca, who also took to social media to voice his support for the legendary voice of wrestling.

Listen mistakes happen. Believe me I'm sure ill make a ton tomorrow on the air my first day back from vacation. @JRsBBQ is a f**king legend. THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

— David LaGreca (@davidlagreca1) July 1, 2021

Jim Ross has been with AEW since its inception and is widely regarded as being the best commentator in the business. Usually flanked on commentary by Tony Schiavone and Excalibur, he has seen AEW through the pandemic era and back out onto the road.

Mistakes in the commentary booth are common, with all of the different AEW team members making them frequently. However, they do seem to stick longer when uttered by Jim Ross.

TKO
07-01-2021, 08:53 PM
Quit