PDA

View Full Version : Sonjay Dutt Joins AEW As A Producer

Kemo
07-01-2021, 06:12 PM
It was reported earlier this week that Sonjay Dutt had left WWE after having worked in a producer’s role for the company since 2019. According to a report from PW Insider, Dutt was backstage at AEW Dynamite last night. He is believed to have signed on to work full-time in a producer’s role.

According to the Wrestling Observer, Dutt left WWE on his own accord a couple of weeks ago. He had been with the company since early 2019. In addition to working backstage as a producer in WWE, he also worked at the Performance Center as a trainer. He left Impact Wrestling in January of 2019 and began work backstage in WWE shortly after.

Dutt hasn’t wrestled since 2017. He underwent surgery for a torn right achilles in early 2018 and quietly retired after. He then started working as a commentator and backstage in Impact Wrestling.

There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about my dad, but especially today, my first Father’s Day without him.

I strive to continue to make him proud and instill in my children the same values he instilled in me.

To all the dads out there, Happy Father’s Day!

— SONJAY (@sonjaydutterson) June 20, 2021

During his in-ring career, Dutt is a former 1x X-Division Champion in WWE. He’s also a 2x CZW Junior Heavyweight Champion and was inducted into the promotion’s Hall of Fame in 2019. Dutt also held the GFW NEX*GEN Championship in Jeff Jarrett‘s Global Force Wrestling. He began his career in 2000 and broke out in 2003 with Major League Wrestling and would then debut for TNA Wrestling later that same year.