PDA

View Full Version : Adam Cole on Leaving Undisputed Era “I Do Think It Was a Good Call”

Kemo
07-02-2021, 10:15 PM
Ever since debuting on NXT, Adam Cole has been a superstar on the rise. In Japan, he was part of one of the most dominant factions in wrestling. Coming to NXT, he recreated the same dominance with his new faction, Undisputed Era.

Talking during a recent interview with Talk Sport, Adam Cole discussed how surprised he was when it was announced that the group would be disbanded.

“It wasn’t this thing that we were preparing for, it was something that fell into our laps. We had very little time to process it or think about it.” Adam Cole said before addressing the question of whether it was the right thing to do or not.

“It’s never going to feel – especially when you have the chemistry we had – it’s never going to feel like the perfect time. However, I do think development wise for all of us individually, it’s been really, really important. I had the time of my life in the Undisputed Era – I really, really did – but I do think it was a good call.”

During their run in NXT, Adam Cole and Undisputed Era held 6 championships between them. They also won multiple NXT end of year awards, including best Tag Team for three consecutive years.

After almost 4 years of dominance, the group disbanded in April 2021. Roderick Strong has moved on to be the leader of the Diamond Mine. The other members, however, have continued as singles competitors.

Adam Cole is set to renew his rivalry with Kyle O’Reilly at the upcoming NXT Great American Bash PPV. This will be their first meeting since O’Reilly emerged victorious in their unsanctioned match at Stand and Deliver.