PDA

View Full Version : Mickie James Praises AEW Star As ‘The Greatest Women’s Wrestler’

Kemo
07-03-2021, 04:34 PM
Former WWE and current NWA star Mickie James recently spoke to Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling podcast where she talked about a number of things.

The former women’s champion is looking to make her in-ring return at the upcoming NWA 73 show but she doesn’t have an opponent for the event yet.

When asked which star she would like to face in her first match for her new promotion, Mickie named a few opponents she could see herself fighting against:

“If we go within NWA, there’s Kylie Rae now. There’s Kamille, who is aligned with my husband and they are champions. As a businesswoman, I like Kamille.

She comes over to the house and we’re all friends. I’d really like to have one of those matches with like Thunder Rosa or Serena [Deeb] and put on a hell of a match,”

James continued her praise for the former NWA women’s champion Deeb. She called the AEW star ‘the greatest women’s wrestler’ out there right now:

“I know I’ve wrestled Serena, but everyone knows that Serena is my go-to because I think she’s the greatest women’s wrestler out there right now and I’ve always felt that way.

I’ve always had a kindred spirit with Serena because I remember her when she first moved to OVW. We’re both Virginia girls and I’ve loved her since day one.”

Mickie James’ last put on her wrestling gear for the 2021 women’s Royal Rumble match in January. Her last singles match was her encounter with Zelina Vega during the September 21, 2020 episode of Raw.