PDA

View Full Version : John Cena On Drew McIntyre Wanting A Match With Him

Kemo
07-04-2021, 09:33 PM
John Cena is expected to make his return to WWE programming later this month. Names of potential opponents for him are already piling up.

Latest reports suggest that the company is discussing a match between him and Roman Reigns. Though that’s not all, as Drew McIntyre also expressed the desire to face the former champion recently.

Cena talked about McIntyre’s comments in his interview with Demand Entertainment to promote Fast & Furious 9. John said that he always appreciates being mentioned in such a conversation. However, he explained that Drew is just setting himself up for disappointment:

“Man, what a way to set yourself up for disappointment. In no way shape or form is Drew in a position to make matches or make things happen — and I’m not either. Neither of us have that power, that’s beyond our capacity, so, I certainly am grateful for being mentioned, which is awesome.”

John Cena went on to explain his comments. He said that while he has more matches left in WWE, he never thinks about which opponents he wants to face because he’s not the one making the decision:

“I got more matches left in the WWE, I’m not done, but I’ve never approached anything like, ‘I’d like to work with this person, or I want to have a match with this person’ because I don’t make those choices.

They say, ‘Hey, we’d like you to do this.’ Alright, it’s time to go to work. And that’s really allowed me to enjoy every step of the way. I think if we build up expectations in our head — like, I hate to say this to Drew, but if that never happens, how is he supposed to feel about that?”

John Cena has confirmed that he will make a return in previous interviews as well but an exact date for his comeback has not been confirmed yet.