PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre On If WWE Should Retain The Two Night Format For WrestleMania

Kemo
07-04-2021, 09:34 PM
WrestleMania is expected to return to its usual one-night schedule next year. However, many WWE superstars have spoken in support of keeping the event as a two-night show. Drew McIntyre has now joined the list.

The former WWE champion recently had an interview with Battleground podcast where he was asked for his thoughts on the debate about the one-night vs. two nights format of the Show Of Shows.

Replying to the question, McIntyre mentioned how the two-night format was a product of the pandemic era. He then claimed that while he loves WrestleMania, he can’t imagine being in the crowd for seven hours for the show:

“As much as I love WrestleMania and be performing on it, I couldn’t imagine being in the crowd for up to seven hours at a time. It’s such a long event.”

Drew McIntyre then recalled his experience of wrestling Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 35 and how the crowd was a bit burned out for it. He explained why breaking big WWE shows to two nights might be a good idea:

“If we broke it into two nights, we’ve got those shorter events and the crowd’s got their energy from start to finish. They can pick a night, they can pick both nights, or make a weekend out of it.

So, I’m all about it, but again, I don’t understand the business behind it and what makes the most sense, so I can’t make that decision.” said the former champion, “But for me, personally, it gets a yes.”

Apart from this, Drew McIntyre reiterated his comments about wanting his old theme song back. He said that the theme will come back ‘one of these days.’