PDA

View Full Version : Tucker On Vince McMahon Not Seeing Money In Tag Team Wrestling

Kemo
07-05-2021, 08:43 PM
Recently released WWE star Tucker made an appearance on the OTR Show where he discussed things such as a nixed gimmick for Heavy Machinery they had discussed and more.

There was a time in WWE when Otis won the Money In Bank briefcase. It started the speculations that he could cash it in to get a tag team title shot for The Heavy Machinery but it didn’t turn out to be the case.

When asked if this was the original plan with the MITB, Tucker replied negatively. He discussed how the boss Vince McMahon does not feel that the tag team division can draw money:

“I don’t think so, no, I’d have no idea. Just based on my thought, to me I feel like Vince doesn’t feel like the tag division can really draw money. At least that seems to be the way that they’re booked.

Even when they have a super emotional story, they might get twenty minutes at the most. They’re never getting forty minutes, they’re never going on last.”

Tucker expanded on his comments mentioning how Money In The Bank is one of the biggest prop gimmicks in the company. There are very few people who have been unsuccessful with it:

“The Money in the Bank is like one of the biggest things in the company, it’s one of the biggest prop gimmicks that there is. It’s a ticket to a world title, there’s very few people that have unsuccessfully cash it.

It’s like the thing they used to catapult someone, essentially. It would be nice to think they’d use it for us to win the tag team championships, but I don’t think it was the plan. And if it was, it never got there.”

Otis won the Money In The Bank briefcase during the event of the same name in May 2020. He kept the briefcase for several months before dropping it to The Miz during the Hell In A Cell PPV in October 2020.

Tucker was signed to WWE back in 2013 and he formed a tag team with Otis in 2016. Their team broke up when they were drafted to separate brands during the 2020 drafts. Tucker was then released from his WWE contract in April 2021.