PDA

View Full Version : Released WWE Superstar Declares He Is ‘The Alternative’

Kemo
07-08-2021, 05:41 PM
Former WWE Superstar August Grey has returned to using the moniker Anthony Greene since being released from the company on Friday, June 25. Greene appeared on 205 Live the same night that he was released from the company, with the show being pre-taped to air live later in the week.

Greene was previously know as ‘Retrosexual’ on the independent scene, however he is now going under the name of ‘The Alternative.’

Anthony Greene released a video to Twitter where he stated that his career would’ve ended ‘a long time ago’ if he had listened to the naysayers.

“If my career ended when I was told, ‘No,’ I would have been done a long time ago” Greene began. “Life is not about pass or fail. It’s about how you come back from it. It’s about having a backup plan. Having an alternative. Anthony Greene does not have an alternative. I am the alternative.”

The following talents were also released on June 25, and reportedly have differing lengths of non-compete clauses:

Tony Nese
Ariya Daivari
Ever-Rise
Fandango
Tyler Breeze
Bollywood Boyz
Arturo Ruas
Curt Stallion
Marina Shafir
Killian Dain
Tino Sabbatelli

It is not confirmed how long Anthony Greene’s non-compete will last, however recently reports have indicated that 205 Live talents are more likely to have 30-day non-compete deals on their contracts. Greene should theoretically be free to join the likes of AEW, IMPACT, NWA or New Japan as of July 25.

TKO
07-08-2021, 11:14 PM
He’s the jobber