PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Signs Onto “Argylle” Film Franchise With All-Star Cast

Kemo
07-09-2021, 04:42 PM
John Cena has signed on to be part of an upcoming film franchise that already has three movies planned. An all-star cast will take part in the spy thriller series including Henry Cavill, Sam Rockwell, Bryce Dallas Howard, Bryan Cranston, Catherine O’Hara, and Samuel L. Jackson.

Dua Lipa will provide the soundtrack for the film and also make her acting debut. Kingsmen director Matthew Vaughan will direct.

“When I read this early draft manuscript I felt it was the most incredible and original spy franchise since Ian Fleming’s books of the ’50s,” said Vaughan. “This is going to reinvent the spy genre.”

It is not yet clear what Cena’s role in the film series will be. Filming begins in Europe next month, which if Cena is involved in early shooting, could cause problems for him appearing at SummerSlam. It’s not yet clear when Cena would need to be on set for filming, however.

Cena did confirm recently on the Tonight Show that he plans to return to WWE.

“Those rumors are true. I’ll definitely be back in WWE, I just don’t know when,” Cena said when asked about a possible return to WWE.

“I haven’t had my last much and I can’t wait to have my next one,” he continued.

“Once you do one of these things (a big film), the insurance doesn’t let you go wrestle on the weekends, so we’ll see what happens,” Cena also said.