PDA

View Full Version : Brian Pillman Jr Signs Full Time Contract With AEW

Kemo
07-10-2021, 06:20 PM
The Varsity Blondes are mounting a charge through the AEW Tag Team rankings. After debuting. Spending their early days appearing on AEW Dark, they can now be found as a mainstay of AEW Dynamite. The team of Brian Pillman Jr and Griff Garrison have already challenged the Young Bucks for the AEW Tag Team titles, and are currently ranked number two behind the team of Eddie Kingston and Penta el Zero.

Brian Pillman Jr is certainly a star on the rise with AEW, and while he might not have any gold around his waist, he has good cause to celebrate. Following the expiry of his contract with MLW, he has now signed as a full-time member of the AEW roster.

From my first AEW match against Shawn Spears to my most recent against Miro! Today marks 1 year of wrestling for the greatest company in the world, 1 year of getting my ass kicked by the best the world has to offer! These men have molded me into the performer I am today!!!

— Brian Pillman Jr. (@FlyinBrianJr) July 2, 2021

It was thanks to a loophole that Brian Pillman Jr had been able to work for AEW. The contract he signed with MLW did not allow wrestlers to work for other promotions. However, when he signed his deal, AEW did not exist. This meant that they were not mentioned in his deal.

When Brian Pillman’s episode of Dark Side of the Ring aired, a new light was cast over his son. The extent of what Brian Pillman Jr had to endure following his father’s passing pulled at the heartstrings, endearing him to fans around the world.

At just 27, Pillman has the world at his feet, with his size, power and athletic ability. It is surely only a matter of time before we see the Varsity Blondes with gold around their waist. AEW is building a roster full of talent not just for the present day, but for the future.

With the likes of Jungle Boy, MJF and Darby Allin all primed to lead the singles division, Brian Pillman Jr and Griff Garrison could well be the future of tag team wrestling.