PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Says WWE Ghosted Him After Offering Coaching Job

Kemo
07-12-2021, 06:16 PM
When a wrestler retires, it is not often they can just down tools and walk away. Many of the greatest stars of years gone by have gone on to become coaches, commentators, managers, bookers or producers, to name just a few positions. Kurt Angle is one such great. His career in the ring may have ended in 2019, but his career in wrestling is far from over.

Talking on a recent episode of The Kurt Angle Show, the Hall of Famer spoke about how he had been approached by HHH after his retirement. The offer was to work as a coach at the performance center, helping younger talent hone their skills.

“Triple H, he contacted me about seven months ago and wanted me to help out down in NXT,” Angle said. “Wanted me to be a trainer. He only said ‘Hey, all I need you to do is go over stuff with talent. You can do it from home on your computer, you can do a zoom call. Just go through the tapes with them in their match and tell what they did right and wrong.’ I said I’d be interested.”

Yet, despite accepting the offer, Kurt Angle went on to say that he never heard back from anybody. “I never heard back from him. Long story short, they were interested but at the last second they must have backed out, which is okay with me.”
Kurt Angle Would be an Asset to Any Development Center

Kurt Angle knows how good he is, and he knows what he could bring to any organization. He is also a professional who knows how small the world is. Any wrestling company would benefit greatly from his experience, his stories, and his advice. It is surely only a matter of time before he comes back into WWE in a backstage capacity.

The performance centre is a quiet place to return. A place with no cameras and no storytelling. It is a place focused on the art and craft of professional wrestling. Something Kurt Angle knows inside and out. Whether he comes back as a coach, a mentor, or just the legend telling his stories to the younger crowd, the wrestling world has not seen the last of him.