PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Woods Wants To ‘Trade In’ Championship Match for King of The Ring

Kemo
07-14-2021, 08:25 PM
WWE RAW Superstar Xavier Woods has taken to social media to say that he wants to ‘trade in’ his WWE Championship match for a chance to enter the King of The Ring tournament.

Xavier Woods defeated WWE Champion Bobby Lashley on this week’s episode of Monday Night RAW, ahead of his New Day tag team partner Kofi Kingston getting a shot at the ‘All-Mighty’ this Sunday at the WWE Money In The Bank PPV event.

“Last night I beat the WWE champion” Woods tweeted today. “Normally that means I’m owed a championship match. I’d like to exchange that for a one night King of The Ring tournament at the company’s earliest convenience” the 11 time WWE Tag Team Champion added.

“And I’d like Riddle on the opposite end of the bracket. I owe him one…” Woods concluded, hinting at a showdown with the Original Bro at some point in the near future.

It was recently rumored that WWE were looking at bringing back the King of The Ring tournament as a gimmick for upcoming shows of RAW and SmackDown. AEW have had a lot of success with their special themed episodes of Dynamite, so WWE could also capitalize on the rich history of concepts/ideas that they have at their disposal.