PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Nash Picks Wrestlemania 14 as the Moment WCW was Finished

Kemo
07-19-2021, 03:02 PM
Kevin Nash’s appearance on Broken Skull Sessions final aired and he certainly had plenty to say. Including a long discussion on the exact moment he realized WWE would win the Monday Night War.

When Kevin Nash and Scott Hall jumped ship to WCW and formed the NWO with Hulk Hogan it was wrestling history. However, it was exactly that moment that contributed to the eventual downfall of WCW.

“So, we’re flying back that night, and Bischoff goes ‘We’re gonna put Vince [McMahon] out of business,’” Kevin Nash remembered. “I said, ‘Dude, do you realize what happened tonight? The perception that two guys from WWE jumped ship and are going to take over your company — the people believe that. They think two guys can beat 100. No, you’re not gonna put him out of business. He’ll sit back and watch it.’ Hogan said the same thing, that’s what Vince did. Vince sat back and watched.”

As Kevin Nash and Austin spoke, they talked about the infamous Monday Night Wars. Nash wasted no time in picking the exact moment that he realized that WWE was always going to be the winning team.

DxLGXYVC8sA

“And I won’t forget the day in my life when Tyson came to WrestleMania [14],” Nash said. “Every WrestleMania match had a movie quality trailer in front of it, in case you hadn’t been watching, you were caught up. Kane was shooting fire, everybody — it was amazing. The next day I go to TV, and I just knew. You know, man, you watch something, you’re smart to the business.”

According to Kevin Nash, the atmosphere changed after that Wrestlemania. The results were as good as written on the wall.

Kevin Nash’s appearance on Stone Cold’s Broken Skull Sessions should have been part of the NWO celebration week. It was a good chat. Kevin Nash has been a big player in many different ways throughout his career, and despite problems along the way, he remains the coolest guy in the room.