View Full Version : Jimmy Smith Blown Away After Calling His First WWE Event With Fans

Kemo
07-19-2021, 03:04 PM
According to a statement he posted online, Jimmy Smith was warned about not taking feedback from the WWE Universe to heart when he began his role on WWE RAW. So far, however, he says the response from the WWE Universe has only been positive.

“The first thing I was told when I was hired by the WWE (I’m not exaggerating) was not to take anything online personally. I told them that I’m from MMA, I don’t take anything personally. I was expecting pushback, hostility, a lot of ‘who is hell is this dude’ from some fans and some people here at WWE,” Smith Tweeted.

Smith would continue to comment on the feedback he has received.

“I honestly haven’t heard anything but positive feedback from everyone. Tonight was my first experience with WWE fans live and it was absolutely incredible! I genuinely want to thank each and every one of you!”

When Smith was hired to work the commentary booth for RAW, it was to replace someone who only lasted a month in the role. Adnan Virk was announced as the new play-by-play voice of RAW after WrestleMania but was released just 43 days later.

In addition to his role on RAW, Smith is also a commentator for Invicta FC. He was with the UFC in 2018 as well but the company did not renew his contract the following year. He spent 7 years as a broadcaster for Bellator MMA.