PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Omega Wants Rampage to Showcase AEW Women’s Roster

Kemo
07-27-2021, 02:04 PM
AEW champion and EVP Kenny Omega has spoken about AEW’s newest show Rampage. In little over two weeks the show will debut on TNT. Talking to Wrestling Observer Radio, Omega talked about how he would book Rampage if given the chance.

“The content I think we’re lacking is in our women’s division. I would love to see Rampage be home to more women’s wrestling.” Kenny Omega said.

It has long been documented that Kenny Omega is the biggest vocal for the AEW women’s division. In his role as EVP, he is the man who has the most involvement with the women’s division and female wrestlers. So, for him to make a comment such as that is not surprising.

However, he followed it up with an explanation that makes a lot of sense.

“I feel like we have incredibly gifted female wrestlers that have been working very hard and fighting for a spot and maybe it’s time for them to get more.”

AEW have a bulging roster and one that looks set to grow considerably in the next few months. However, Kenny Omega understands how important it is to avoid the common pitfall of showing the same wrestlers down fan’s throats each show.

Yes, AEW has some marquee names on their roster, but they do not need to appear on every show, every week. Instead, Omega would like to use the Rampage hour as a televised platform for other deserving stars.

“I think the extra hour with Rampage, rather than give them more Chris Jericho, more Kenny Omega, more MJF and the guys you know you’re going to see on Dynamite; I’d rather give them all of the extremely talented individuals that maybe you don’t see that week."

AEW have a large female roster, but often Dynamite only shows one or two female matches. Omega wants to see that change on Rampage.

It’s worth noting that Dark and Dark Elevation often feature multiple female matches, however, not everybody wants to watch wrestling on YouTube.

Kenny Omega plays a huge role in AEW, and his real role as EVP is a far cry from his in-ring character. He understands how wrestling works and is invested in not only growing his name but expanding the exposure of high-quality female wrestling to fans.