PDA

View Full Version : Vickie Guerrero Pushing For AEW To Sign Ruby Soho (Ruby Riott)

Kemo
07-27-2021, 09:42 PM
All Elite Wrestling talent Vickie Guerrero has expressed interest in seeing former WWE superstar Ruby Riot sign with AEW. Since leaving WWE, Riot’s last name changed to Soho.

Guerrero appeared on the Thoughts Count Anywhere Podcast with Aaron Philips, Thomas Glenn, and Matthew Mullan to discuss various topics regarding AEW. When asked what unsigned talent she’d like to see signed to AEW, Guerrero said Soho.

“I think the one that comes to mind is Ruby. You know she was formerly with WWE; I would love to have Ruby on the roster for AEW,” said Guerrero.

Guerrero also said, “She was really underutilized, and I love her. She was on my podcast and just a great talent and a good wholesome human being.”

AEW has signed a couple of former WWE superstars in the last couple of months. Malakia Black, formerly known as Alistair Black, made his debut two weeks ago. WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry also signed with AEW in June to a multi-year deal. While WWE has chosen not to resign or is unable to retain talent, AEW has boosted their roster.

AEW also made news last week on rumors that former WWE superstars Daniel Bryan and CM Punk have signed to the company. Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp reported that CM Punk is in talks for an in-ring return, likely with AEW. BodySlam.net’s Cassidy Haynes reported that Daniel Bryan has “100 % already signed a contract with AEW.”

Soho was released from WWE on June 2nd. Her career in the company lasted 5 years after being signed in 2016. Soho’s last match in WWE was in a tag team match with Liv Morgan against Tamina and Natalya on May 28th’s Smackdown. She lost the match and was pinned by Tamina.

Since her release, Soho hasn’t made an appearance for another wrestling promotion. It’s unclear with Guerrero’s comments if Soho has caught the attention of AEW.

TKO
07-28-2021, 09:23 PM
meh