PDA

View Full Version : Renee Paquette Will Be A Free Agent Soon, Open To Working For AEW

Kemo
08-06-2021, 05:47 PM
Renee Pacquette (FKA Renee Young) announced last summer that she would be leaving WWE. Her last show was SummerSlam on August 23rd, 2020. She is still under a non-compete clause with WWE, which evidently extended 1-year after her leaving the company.

She addressed her situation recently during an interview with Wrestling Inc.

“My non-compete with WWE is nearly up,” Paquette said. “I don’t ever want to separate myself from professional wrestling. I know that’s where my fanbase comes from; I know that’s essentially going to always be my bread and butter — and I love that. I love professional wrestling, so I’m not looking to ‘get away’ from it by any stretch.”

Renee also commented on the possibility of working with All Elite Wrestling (AEW).

“Looking at AEW, I think there are endless opportunities of other things I could be doing over there, if that was to be something that came up down the line,” she continued. “I’ve honestly not put much thought into it. That’s interesting to be like, ‘Oh, wait! I can do wrestling things again!'”

Her situation was addressed recently in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

“She had an employee contract and could leave with two weeks notice, but because she left on her own, she couldn’t work for a competitor for one year, which sounds insane, but that’s the nature of the contract,” wrote Dave Meltzer. “Unlike the 90-day non-compete for a main roster talent when they are let go, she wasn’t paid for the year.”

Paquette hosts the popular Oral Sessions podcast. She and husband Jon Moxley welcomed the birth of their baby daughter Nora last month.