PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg Talks Return and Bobby Lashley Match at WWE SummerSlam

Kemo
08-12-2021, 03:58 PM
:summerslam:

WWE Superstar and WCW Legend Goldberg recently spoke to WWE India. The former Universal Champion discussed several topics during the interview, including his WWE SummerSlam 2021 match against Bobby Lashley.

“I don’t come back and choose the people I’m going to go after” Goldberg began, alluding to the complaints from fans about his return and instant title shot. “If I could have come back and chosen one person to go after, it would have been Bobby Lashley.”

“There is a way you should represent the championship title and I don’t believe he’s been doing it properly” the former WCW Champion added. “He’s very callous. In this match, my name should not be Goldberg, it should be karma. He deserves a lot of things coming to him and I will hopefully be the guy who delivers that.”

Goldberg has been on the losing end of his last big WWE matches, which include the Royal Rumble contest against Drew McIntyre and his WrestleMania 37 contest against former WWE Superstar Braun Strowman.

“My last outings have fallen short of a number of reasons” Goldberg explained. “I plan to change the outcome of this one and have it not be a resurgence of me coming back for one night, doing my thing, and walking off into the sunset, riding off into the sunset.”

“I put a lot of time and effort into the preparation they gave me, about double the time they usually do to prepare for a match. I’m excited. Bobby Lashley poses a very big threat. There are few people who can match up to him physically and mentally. I still think I’m one of them.”

Here is the currently confirmed card for the upcoming PPV event:

WWE Universal Championship Match – Roman Reigns (c) vs John Cena
Raw Women’s Championship Match – Nikki A.S.H. (c) vs Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair (Triple Threat Match)
WWE Championship Match – Bobby Lashley (c) vs Goldberg
Edge vs Seth Rollins
SmackDown Women’s Championship – Bianca Belair (c) vs Sasha Banks
SmackDown Tag Team Championships – The Usos (c) vs Dominik & Rey Mysterio
United States Championship – Sheamus (c) vs Damian Priest