PDA

View Full Version : Keith Lee Shares Details on Why He was Absent from WWE

Kemo
08-12-2021, 10:30 PM
WWE superstar Keith Lee reveals what sidelined him earlier this year.

For a couple of months, Lee has posted on Twitter that he’d explain why he was off of TV. Today, He released a Youtube video explaining that he had covid in January, which resulted in him being inactive. In February, he would return, but Lee received news that something was off in his blood.

“…some people may have experienced this thing where there is an inflammation in the heart or lungs. For me, it was the heart. That led to very scary times. I was basically forbidden from trying, or any activity outside of a light walk,” said Lee.

He also shared that there was a possibility that if he did more than advised, he could’ve died. The health scare lasted for 3 or 4 months until the heart inflammation went away.

LIAoynLhMwE

Lee’s last match in January was a win against Sheamus on January 11th at Monday Night Raw. However, after January 11th, he tested positive for Covid. Lee missed the Royal Rumble on January 31st.

He returned at a Raw event on February 8th to defeat Matt Riddle when he received the news from doctors about the heart inflammation. The original plan was for Lee to be in a triple threat match for the United States championship at Elimination Chamber on February 21st. However, WWE pulled him from the card, and he would be inactive till he got cleared.

After Lee recovered from the heart inflammation, he returned to Raw on July 19th in a loss against WWE champion Bobby Lashley. Except for this week, he has been active on Raw.

Although the experience was daunting, Lee feels appreciation for being healthy today. “… I don’t really know what’s next, right? The idea for me is I fought the battle that matters the most, and I’m healthy. At the end of the day, that’s all I can really ask for. That’s all my family can ask for,” said Lee.