PDA

View Full Version : Zelina Vega On Why She Returned To WWE

Kemo
08-13-2021, 02:43 PM
Zelina Vega was released amidst some controversy over WWE‘s new third-party edicts in November 2020. It’s believed that her firing was the result of opposing the company’s new policies. So many were surprised when she returned.

The former NXT star recently had an interview with Digital Spy. She talked about a number of things and also explained why she decided to return to the promotion.

Vega explained that she felt like she had unfinished business in WWE and becoming a champion was the reason for her return more than anything else:

“I think, more than anything, WWE has always been a place that I felt like I had some kind of unfinished business with, and, for me as a kid, you look and you’re like, ‘I want to be a champion,’

There’s so many things that you want to accomplish and coming back. I set my eyes on the SmackDown Women’s Championship,” said Zelina Vega, “And that’s what I’m focused on the most and seeing where that takes me.”

The SmackDown star also revealed that she considered returning as a babyface when she came back last month but ultimately decided against it because it made more sense storyline-wise to be a heel.

Bianca Belair is currently scheduled to defend the SmackDown women’s championship against Sasha Banks at SummerSlam. We will have to see if Zelina Vega gets a shot at the title afterward.