PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe Talks the Importance of William Regal and Triple H to NXT

Kemo
08-13-2021, 02:51 PM
The entire wrestling world was shocked when news broke about Samoa Joe being released from his WWE contract. They were equally shocked when he re-appeared on NXT. Since then, Joe has gone from being the non-active right-hand man to William Regal to the number one contender for the NXT championship. With current champion Karrion Kross pulling double duty on NXT and the main roster, it is looking likely that Joe will secure his third NXT championship.

The NXT brand is currently in a very precarious position. There are lots of unknowns, heavy releases and big talk about structural changes to the entire company. Talking during a recent interview on the WrestleSlam podcast, Samoa Joe talked about the two men who have been leading NXT from the front lines. Heaping praise on both William Regal and Triple H citing their importance to the product.

During the interview, Samoa Joe talked about both men, who are incredibly active in NXT.

“You know, when you’re around Regal he has so much information packed in that brain. It’s almost as if he doesn’t have the processor just to get it all out at once. But, you hang around him long enough and then, these kinda spouts of wisdom will kind of flow out of him. And then, you’re kinda like ‘oh that a good one, oh I’ll take that too’. Anytime you’re around them, you’re always gonna learn something.” Samoa Joe said about William Regal.

Samoa Joe, the wrestler, is a badass who has a problem with authority. However, he is also a man who recognizes and gives respect when it is due.

When talking about Triple H and his impact on the NXT brand he was very clear with his praise;

“I think the biggest thing is, the biggest influence he has, is he has an ability to kind of look at a superstar and figure out, what that extra little need is.”

A lot of those entrances, a lot of the spectacle that you see produced on NXT, a lot of that comes out of his head and you know it just works so many times. It’s amazing to see him kind of sit down with the character, and kind of figure out this is how we need to put it together. This is how we need to make it look, and it’s going to be awesome. Then, lo and behold, we’ll come to TakeOver and it’s this amazing entrance. It’s just this great introduction to the world. So, I tip my hat to him for that.”

The future of NXT remains unclear. However, one thing that is for sure, Samoa Joe will be there, leading from the front line.

j5UBgNs0VE0