PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk Offers Words Of Encouragement For Released WWE Talent

Kemo
08-14-2021, 03:29 PM
CM Punk has given some advice for the slew of talent released by WWE.

This year hasn’t been kind to many who once called WWE home. While there were also cuts in 2020, there have been some big surprises as of late such as the releases of Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman. Recently, 12 wrestlers who competed on the NXT brand saw their WWE runs come to a close.

Punk appeared on Sunday Night’s Main Event podcast and offered words of encouragement for those who have been cut.

“Um, hmm… I mean, I don’t know, I’ve been out of the loop. I don’t know a lot of the people who got fired but I know that it’s probably more of a blessing than anything. You know, if you want to be a pro wrestler, you can be, but you don’t have to work for WWE. I think it sucks, I think anybody getting fired sucks, but I do think, for a lot of people it could be the best thing that ever happened to them.

“You know, if that’s where you want to be and you got fired, well then your job is to work hard and prove them wrong, and try to get your job back. But if your job is just to be the best pro wrestler you can be, put food on your table, have money in your pocket, I think there’s a world now in 2021 where, more so than in recent times, you can be a pro wrestler.”

CM Punk is heavily rumored to be making his debut on AEW television on the Aug. 20 edition of Rampage. The show will emanate from the United Center in Chicago, Illinois. Of course, this is Punk’s hometown.

Punk hasn’t been seen in action since 2014. He made his exit from WWE following the Royal Rumble PPV. Punk cited frustrations with how WWE’s medical team handled a staph infection, lack of time off, and booking decisions.