View Full Version : John Cena References CM Punk & Jon Moxley On SmackDown

Kemo
08-14-2021, 03:33 PM
John Cena dropped quite a reference involving CM Punk and Jon Moxley.

The Aug. 13 edition of SmackDown opened up with Cena addressing the WWE Universe. He made it clear that while he believes he’s in for a beating against Roman Reigns at WWE SummerSlam, he’ll still pull off the victory to become a 17-time world champion in WWE.

Reigns later came out with Paul Heyman to respond to Cena. It was during this exchange that Cena referenced CM Punk with the following.

“You’re gonna show up all full of yourself like you normally do and put on a hell of a show. I’m just gonna hang in there for 1,2,3. And then I’m gonna take your title, I’m gonna jump the barricade, and I’m gonna run out of Allegiant Stadium as fast as I can. I may even blow you a kiss goodbye.”

Cena is referring to his July 2011 showdown with Punk at the Money in the Bank PPV. The storyline going into that match was that CM Punk’s contract was expiring and he wanted to leave the company as WWE Champion. Punk ended up pinning Cena with the GTS and blowing a kiss at Vince McMahon before exiting through the crowd.

Cena then referenced another former WWE star in Jon Moxley, who used to be known as Dean Ambrose with the company.

“You haven’t been embarrassed, you’ve been protected. Pretty face with giant bars of soap you got for teeth. You’ve been protected, Roman. You’ve been protected by The Shield. Hell, you almost ruined Seth Rollins. You ran Dean Ambrose out of WWE.”

15yoXNS_czM