PDA

View Full Version : Paul Wight On If He Thinks A Match With Shaq Will Happen in AEW

Kemo
08-24-2021, 07:13 PM
Paul Wight and Shaquille O’Neal had a stare down during the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania 32. It was assumed by many after this that a match between the two would happen at some point in WWE. It never did, however, and now both are in AEW.

During a recent interview with Chris Van Vliet, Wight spoke about if he thinks a match against Shaq will happen now that both are in AEW.

“I think that will happen now because there is not as much red tape,” Wight said. “He’s already competed with Cody Rhodes. It was him and Jade Cargill vs. Cody Rhodes and Red Velvet. That was an incredible showing for Shaq, so hopefully we’ll be able to cut some more red tape and make it happen.”

Wight also noted that he’s aware Shaq has been training and putting on size as well.

“He’s been hitting the gym lately, Shaq is pretty big right now. He’s huge Shaq, that’s the best way of looking at it. I think he is nervous about me so he is putting on a bit of size. Whereas I am “Tall Paul” the car salesman [laughs].”

Shaq teamed with Jade Cargill and defeated Cody Rhodes and Red Velvet on the March 3rd Dynamite earlier this year. Rhodes ended up putting Shaq through some tables but Cargill pinned Velvet to secure the victory for her team.

The full interview with Paul Wight can be viewed in the player below:

Qqg-S0kmRSs