PDA

View Full Version : Adam Cole & WWE Update

Kemo
08-24-2021, 07:19 PM
Adam Cole was defeated by Kyle O’Reilly at TakeOver 36 over the weekend and according to a report from PW Insider, that is expected to have been in his last match in WWE.

“WWE sources have confirmed that Adam Cole has departed the company,” wrote Mike Johnson. He would continue to say that this is not a case that Cole has signed a main roster deal and is being hidden until he debuts.

Update: The original PW Insider report stated that Cole is currently a free agent. Johnson clarified in a later update that while Cole’s contract is not yet up, sources within WWE consider him to be done with the company.

“Internally within WWE, Cole is considered done with the company unless he is signed to a new deal,” Johnson clarified.

In terms of when his WWE contract is actually up, there are conflicting stories. Cole’s contract is believed to have expired last month, but he then signed a 1-month extension with the company to take him through after SummerSlam.

According to a report from Talk Sport, Cole would not have to wait out a non-compete period before debuting somewhere else.

“As part of the extension, Cole also managed to ‘kill the non-compete clause’ he would have had to fulfil,” TalkSport’s report reads.

In terms of if Cole is actually a free agent at this very moment, however, Fightful is reporting that the extension he signed isn’t technically up for a few days. The deal expires on August 27th.

I've seen the reports that Cole is already a free agent, and I've been told repeatedly that isn't true.

— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) August 24, 2021

Cole also noted recently on this Twitch stream that his channel is not going away anytime soon.

“Guys, I love ya’ll so much. I wish so bad that I could stream for a few more hours. It makes me so happy to be able to stream for a little bit. It’s why, when I say there is a zero chance that this channel is ever going away, I will never give this up. I love it with my whole entire heart. I love you guys and that’s how important you are to me because you guys make me feel very important. There’s been a lot going on lately and I want to make sure everyone knows that this is going nowhere. It’s going absolutely nowhere.”

TKO
08-24-2021, 08:27 PM
Yes Fucking idiot

Smartmark
08-25-2021, 07:53 PM
They never did a storyline with Adam and Michael :(