PDA

View Full Version : Sean Waltman On Bianca Belair’s SummerSlam Loss: ‘This Ain’t It’

Kemo
08-26-2021, 04:50 PM
Sean Waltman has thrown in his two cents on Bianca Belair‘s controversial SummerSlam loss.

Belair entered Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada as the SmackDown Women’s Champion. She was expected to put her title on the line against Sasha Banks. Belair made her way to the ring when it was announced that Banks was unable to wrestle.

Becky Lynch made a surprise return and asked Bianca for a last-minute title match. Bianca accepted and Becky nailed her with a cheap shot followed by a pump handle slam for the three-count. The match didn’t make it to the 30-second mark.

During an edition of his Pro Wrestling 4 Life podcast, Waltman expressed his dismay with how WWE booked Belair’s title loss.

“Bianca is on her way to being a MEGA star, and a lot of people are really emotionally invested in her. You can’t do that to people in this day and age,” Waltman pointed out. “You used to be able to do it. That’s why I was saying that was the old mentality, but everyone knows what’s going on. The fan base is incredibly educated, and WWE, I’ve heard them compare themselves to Marvel. Marvel, when it comes to fan service, they’re amazing. This ain’t it.

“You can’t sh*t on a huge portion of your fan base like that. I’m a huge Becky Lynch fan, really big. I was so happy with her run and when she got the bloody nose, cut the promo and all that sh*t, and I’m still a big fan. This did her no favors. It was just unbelievable. Bianca, she’s a thoroughbred. It’s just totally unbelievable that she would get beat that quick by anybody in that f*cking roster. MAYBE Nia [Jax].”

It has been reported by PW Insider that Lynch will be turning heel following her actions at SummerSlam. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter later reported that Lynch was the one who requested the heel turn.