PDA

View Full Version : Ilja Dragunov: My Main Priority Is NXT UK Now

Kemo
08-27-2021, 07:06 PM
Ilja Dragunov plans on representing NXT UK to the fullest.

Dragunov had a “Match of the Year” contender against WALTER at NXT TakeOver 36. This was a rematch from their classic match last year. Dragunov pulled off the win, ending WALTER’s 870-day reign as NXT UK Champion.

During a media call, Dragunov said he isn’t focused on a potential move to the Raw or SmackDown brands at the moment.

“I don’t think about it because I have the responsibility to carry NXT UK as a brand, which I think is a standout brand. This is my main priority now. I have big footsteps to step into and I will do it in the future. It is important to carry this brand on my shoulders and I will carry it with pride. I would love to carry this brand on my shoulders because I’m proud of this brand and proud of the hard-working people there.

“Just when I step into the locker room, I see the people, day by day getting better. The work mentality inspires me and makes me proud to be the champion of this brand and represent. I see so much talent on this brand that people will pay attention to as soon as they get a chance. One chance can change the world. I’m sure the people who sleep on NXT UK will not sleep on NXT UK in the future because the talent is rising.”

Ilja Dragunov appeared on the post-TakeOver 36 edition of NXT UK. He credited his will and his fists for getting him the victory over WALTER. He vowed to take on all challengers gunning for his NXT UK crown.