PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe has huge praise for NXT cruiserweight

Kemo
08-30-2021, 07:40 PM
WWE NXT Champion Samoa Joe recently spoke to Mediotiempo. The Samoan Submission Machine discussed several topics during the interview, including who he sees on the NXT roster as talents for the future.

“I open the doors to everyone, it’s time for them to stop looking and start acting” Samoa Joe responded when asked who should step up to him on the roster, including former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Santos Escobar.

“I didn’t see him show [what he has] when he should’ve done, but I always want to fight the best, regardless of whether they are Mexicans or of any nationality, [but only] if they worthy of challenging me for the championship. Of course I give the option to Santos, and all those who want to put themselves to the test,” Joe continued.

“He is an exceptional talent, comes from a family fighting legacy and knows perfectly well about this business” Joe added. “He is athletic, agile, he knows how to fly, but he has also understood what we are looking for in WWE, he shows personality and charisma, he is definitely one of the best in NXT. Not for nothing, but he has already held a championship.”

It remains to be seen if Santos Escobar will be used in a main event capacity on NXT going forward.

It will also be interesting to see how long Joe remains NXT Champion, as the company is reportedly looking to move away from ‘indie’ talents and develop more homegrown athletes to rise the ranks to the main roster.