PDA

View Full Version : WWE “Queens Crown” Tournament Will Be Women’s KOTR

Kemo
09-01-2021, 03:40 AM
WWE is slated to hold its upcoming Queen Of The Ring tournament and a new trademark filing has seemingly confirmed the name of it.

The company filed for the phrase “Queens Crown Tournament” with The United States Patent and Trademark Office last week. The description notes that it’s for entertainment services.

WWE is returning to Saudi Arabia on October 21st for its next pay-per-view event in the country that will be called Crown Jewel, which has been used for past shows.

WWE has plans to present the King of the Ring and Queen of the Ring tournament starting on the October 8th edition of SmackDown and continuing on the October 11th episode of Raw.

The finals are expected to take place at Crown Jewel. It appears one name may not be in the women’s tournament and that’s Charlotte Flair, who made it clear in a recent interview that she doesn’t think she should be in it.

“Being that I’m already The Queen, if it was to happen, I believe whoever wins it has to face me, since I am The Queen of Queens, right?” asked Charlotte. “Like I don’t think I have to be in it. I already have the title. I think they should have the opportunity to face me if they win.”

It’s been reported that only talent from Raw and SmackDown will be part of both tournaments, so it’s very likely that no talent from NXT will participate. As always, anything in WWE can change.