PDA

View Full Version : Tommaso Ciampa Weighs In On Incoming NXT Changes

Kemo
09-01-2021, 03:43 AM
Tommaso Ciampa, one of the mainstays on NXT, has reacted to changes being made to the brand.

For many, Ciampa has been an MVP of NXT. He had many memorable matches and moments with Johnny Gargano. Ciampa had a heavily praised NXT Title match with Adam Cole back in Feb. 2020 as well. More recently, he had a hard-hitting showdown with WALTER back in April of this year.

PW Insider first reported that major changes are coming to the NXT brand. Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio confirmed the report and added that WWE is looking at NXT as a developmental brand rather than the third major brand. On top of that, it’s been said that WWE is focusing more on bigger-sized talent rather than indie wrestlers.

Speaking to Fightful, Ciampa gave his take on the incoming changes.

“It’s exciting, man. Change sometimes is for the best, and I don’t know, everyone’s been kind of keeping a tight lid on it, so I really just don’t know what to expect. I think the first live show is gonna be the 14th, I believe, if I’m not incorrect, with whatever this new look and image is.

“The overall feeling seems to just be excitement, you know, it’s new, it’s different, it’s fresh. And at the same time, it’s the same. Because NXT is NXT, man, and it’s the same roster, same group of guys and girls in the back, they’re just gonna go out there and give their best. It’s the same people behind the scenes, so it’s like, I don’t know. It’s hard to say right now, if it’s just a new paint job or what it is, but it’s exciting at the very least.”

Tommaso Ciampa also expressed his belief that not much will change for him personally. He says all he’s worried about is continuing to put out quality work and whatever happens, will happen.