PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Hardy: “I Show Up to Work, Do What They Need Me To Do & Move On”

Kemo
09-09-2021, 07:30 PM
Jeff Hardy was involved in a segment on RAW this week where he was chasing after the 24/7 Championship. Many fans have voiced criticism of having a multi-time former world champion in such a segment.

Hardy was asked about his chase of the 24/7 title during a recent appearance on Boston’s 98.5 The Sports Hub.

“Monday night in Miami, that’s just what I felt like doing, that’s what I had to do,” said Hardy. "I was in the chase for the 24/7 Title and it just didn’t work out. It’s one of those things, I show up to work and do what they need me to do and move on. That’s in the past and this Monday is the future so I’m super excited.”

Several fans have reacted to the segment on social media.

I’ve been trying to fathom, all day, why Jeff Hardy is running around with the 24/7 guys. Is there a bigger waste of a legendary talent? I don’t think so. So much history with Hardy. He deserves MUCH BETTER creative #WWERaw

— Kenny McIntosh ???? (@KennyMcITR) September 7, 2021

Did Jeff Hardy do something wrong? Why is he chasing the WWE 24/7 Title? Do they think he can have an entertaining match w Reginald or help him in the ring? He should be the one protected legacy star on the roster, like a younger Sting. #WWERaw

— Jim Valley (@JimValley) September 7, 2021

Jeff hardy is a HOF and is chasing the 24/7 championship yeah I’m good on raw for a min
#WWERaw

— (phillydrew) (@Drew7200) September 7, 2021

Jeff Hardy doesn't deserve to be treated like that, he's a hero to everyone

— HellHound (@DleonFabian) September 7, 2021

Jeff Hardy is 7-12 in 19 singles matches this year. 5 of those matches took place on Main Event, where he has a 2-3 record this year. Hardy’s victories in singles matches have been over Elias, Jaxson Ryker, Cedric Alexander (3x), Karrion Kross, and Shelton Benjamin. His losses in 2021 have come to Randy Orton, Jaxson Ryker, AJ Styles, Sheamus, The Miz, Jinder Mahal (2x), Mustafa Ali, John Morrison, Veer, and Karrion Kross (2x).