PDA

View Full Version : What Did Vince McMahon Tell Doudrop Before Her Raw Debut?

Kemo
09-10-2021, 03:28 PM
Doudrop has recalled the first time she met WWE chairman Vince McMahon.

Doudrop, who had been known as Viper on the independent scene and Piper Niven on NXT, made her debut on the main roster back in June. She aligned herself with Eva Marie but that tandem ended up being short-lived. Now, Doudrop and Eva are in a feud.

Speaking to Metro, Doudrop discussed how her first meeting with McMahon turned out.

“I met him on the first day that I got to Raw and I was super scared because obviously I’ve been a wrestling fan for the majority of my life,” she said. “He was super cool, he just said, ‘Welcome to Raw, so glad that you could come over, we’re gonna have a lot fun with your character.’ I was like, ‘Oh good, I like to have fun, I consider myself a professional play fighter’, and he was just [laughing and applauding].

‘So that was a really cool experience! He’s always super happy with me when I come back and seems to absolutely love it when I kill people so I’m just gonna keep doing that!”

Also in the interview, Doudrop admitted that at first, she wondered if the pitch for her character would work. She said eventually, she was able to get comfortable with the gimmick. She’s gone as far as to say she loves the character.

Smartmark
09-11-2021, 01:31 PM
So for once Vince actually did something good?

I am glad Piper likes her character and makes it work tbh. I was so scared when I heard WWE was interest in her some years ago.