PDA

View Full Version : Edge Expected To Be Off WWE TV For Several Months

Kemo
09-18-2021, 05:14 PM
We now know what’s going on with Edge after he was last seen carried out on a stretcher.

Edge competed with Seth Rollins in a rematch during the Sept. 10 edition of WWE SmackDown. The action was held inside Madison Square Garden in New York City. The match ended when Rollins nailed Edge with The Stomp for the victory. Part of the storyline was that if Rollins could land The Stomp on the surgically repaired neck of Edge, it could end “The Rated R Superstar’s” career.

To update Edge’s status, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports the Rated R Superstar will be off WWE television for the next several months.

Edge doesn’t work a full-time schedule. Despite working a limited number of dates per year, he told CBS Sports earlier this year that his comeback wasn’t going to end up being a “greatest hits tour.”

“That’s not why I came back. I didn’t just want to do regurgitated greatest hits. I wanted to come back because I wanted to tell compelling stories. I wanted to get in with a lot of talent so that … if I could impart wisdom from 29 years of doing this, in terms of trying to tell a story, that’s really exciting for me. I love so much of this talent, and it’s exciting to be able to get in with them.”

Edge competed in the main event of WrestleMania back in April. At this late stage in his career, he puts his best effort forward and likes to think it pays off.

Many agree that Edge has gone above and beyond when compared to some of WWE’s other part-time talent. His matches with Rollins at SummerSlam and on the recent SmackDown show have been praised. Time will tell when the former multiple-time world champion will return.