PDA

View Full Version : Riddle On His Relationship With Vince McMahon

Kemo
09-30-2021, 12:53 AM
Despite being the outspoken star he is, Matt Riddle says he still have a good relationship with Vince McMahon and receives regular compliments from him.

The one half of the current Raw tag team champions recently appeared on the Fox Sports Out of Character podcast. He discussed things such as his heat with Goldberg, whether the two have buried the hatchet and more.

When asked if he has a good relationship with the Chairman of the Board, Riddle claimed Mr. McMahon sees him at least once every week.

“We do and we don’t, if I’m being 100% honest, I’ve been on TV a lot, I work a lot,” said Riddle “Vince sees me every week at least once, so he sees me and I’ve gotten a lot of handshakes. ‘Good job, I love your stuff.’ A lot of compliments.”

Riddle went on to explain he just wants approval from Mr. McMahon in the form of a physical embrace.

“I’ve yet to receive a Vince McMahon hug. I was hoping I’d get one after SummerSlam, but not so much. I don’t want to force – don’t force it. He’ll hug me when he’s ready.”

Matt also talked about his outspoken nature admitting that he has overstepped his boundaries a couple of times. Though he then explained that he feels like trash-talking is part of the world of professional wrestling.

Vince McMahon has served as a father figure to many WWE Superstars throughout the years. He has a reputation for being a tough, but fair boss. Many have craved his attention and approval throughout the years.

Over the past several months, several wrestlers have spoken publicly about their relationship with McMahon:

Jeff Hardy has said he and Vince have a business relationship. “I try to do the best I can for him and for WWE,” he told Felger & Massaroti. “Hopefully that’s enough.”

Ruby Soho spent a few years in WWE as Ruby Riott. She also explained her relationship with Vince as lukewarm, but professional. During an appearance on Renee Paqette’s Oral Sessions podcast, she said, “We didn’t speak very often… We didn’t really talk, he was always so busy. He was so busy. I think I spoke to him in his office probably in four years, twice?”

Seth Rollins has a stronger relationship with the boss. He felt comfortable enough to vent his anger to Vince after his controversial match with The Fiend at Hell in a Cell 2019.