PDA

View Full Version : Update On Shane McMahon’s Status With WWE

Kemo
09-30-2021, 06:44 PM
WWE legend Shane McMahon is rarely seen on television these days. He last competed at WrestleMania 37, losing to Braun Strowman in a steel cage match.

According to a report from Fightful, McMahon remains under contract with WWE. He does not have an active role in management, but instead is considered on-air talent. Sources at WWE headquarters indicate that he’s rarely seen around WWE offices anymore.

Aside from his work with WWE over the years, Shane McMahon has been successful outside the realm of professional wrestling. Former WWE Superstar The Godfather recently revealed that Shane McMahon has a cannabis co-op business based out of California.

Shane McMahon appeared on WWE’s After the Bell podcast last fall and spoke about his decision to leave WWE in 2009. He’d later return in 2016, ending a 7-year hiatus.

“So I kind of really came out of the business for my boys, my kids, and it’s also the reason I really came back,” McMahon told Corey Graves. “I always had a longing for it. It’s in my blood, literally.”

He went on to say that his sons encouraged him to get back into wrestling.

“This goes back to WrestleMania 32 with Undertaker in Hell in a Cell. My boys have been saying to me prior to that for a couple years like, ‘Hey dad, you ever think about getting back in there?’ Because my sons never saw me live and they really saw me via DVD or YouTube or things like that.”