PDA

View Full Version : Dominik Mysterio On Taking On The Rey Mysterio Mantle:”I Think It’s The Long Term Goal”

Kemo
10-07-2021, 12:59 AM
Dominik Mysterio has expressed his interest in continuing the legacy of his father and donning the iconic mask one day. Though this is not all, and he is ready to go as far as adopting the Rey Mysterio name in the future. The 24-year-old recently made an appearance on the Out of Character podcast. He discussed things such as facing Seth Rollins at SummerSlam and more.

When asked if he plans to wear the mask and use his father’s name one day, Dominik replied positively. He said that he thinks that’s the endgame for him:

“Most definitely. I think the long goal here, the endgame, is to eventually take over the Rey Mysterio name. That’s the legacy within it. He’s Rey Mysterio. It’s only right to make a Jr. Traditionally in Lucha culture, and in Hispanic culture, that’s tradition. That’s what you do. I kind of just showed up and Dom Mysterio organically happened. Everything happened so fast.”

Dominik Mysterio went on to mention how they didn’t really get to put things together when he made his WWE debut but claimed that they have discussed it. The WWE star recalled how his father has previously said that he would have to earn the mask and Dominik said that he is up for it.

Smartmark
10-07-2021, 04:46 AM
WWE better book Rey Vs Dominik at a upcoming Wrestlemania, with Dominik going over, Rey taking off his mask and retirering, leaving on the legacy to his son.