PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker On How He Would React If His Daughter Decides To Pursue Wrestling Career

Kemo
10-08-2021, 10:12 PM
The Undertaker is not shying away from his 9-year-old daughter Kaia pursuing a wrestling career. He is promising to coach her the best he can if she does decide to follow in the footsteps of his parents. The Dead Man recently appeared on ET Online to promote his new Netflix interactive movie with The New Day.

During the talk, he was asked about his daughter possibly joining the pro wrestling world. Replying to it, the former world champion said that it’s up to his daughter what she wants to do. Though if she does decide to step inside the ring, Undertaker said that he would do his best to prepare her:

“I tell you what, I don’t know, I mean, if it’s in her heart and that’s what she really truly wants to do one day, I’ll do my best to coach her up and obviously her mom will too, but yeah, we’ll see what happens. We have a long way to go before actually worrying about that.”

Even though he has said numerous times over the last year and half that he is now retired from active competition, you can never count The Undertaker out for good. The last outlaw was once again asked about his in-ring status and he explained that his heart still wants to go out and wrestle. However, his body can’t deliver what his mind can envision. So he wants to stay retired to make sure he doesn’t cheapen the legacy of his character:

“As of this moment, yeah, my days in the ring are done, and it’s not because I don’t want to be in the ring, I mean, that is where I’ve spent most of my adult life — my whole life, really, more than half of my life has been spent in the wrestling or sports entertainment ring. So, in my mind, I still can see everything and, in my heart, you know, I want to be out there, but it’s just at a point where my body can’t deliver what my mind and my heart see.

My body can’t deliver that and I just don’t want to cheapen the legacy of that character and I’d hate for people to pay money to see me work and be disappointed.”

The Undertaker competed in a cinematic boneyard match against AJ Styles at WrestleMania 36 last year. It was his last match as an active competitor. While Styles has expressed interest in having a live rematch with the wrestling veteran, Taker has maintained that he is done with wrestling.