PDA

View Full Version : Buff Bagwell Says He Turned Down WWE Hall of Fame Offer

Kemo
12-16-2021, 06:22 PM
Buff Bagwell says WWE wanted him to go into the WWE Hall of Fame along with the other members of the NWO in 2020. Bagwell says he turned down the offer, however, as he didn’t want to go into the Hall of Fame as a member of a group. He made these comments on the “Who The Fook Are These Guys” podcast.

“They actually called me to do the Hall of Fame thing,” Bagwell said. “I was like, I’ll be honest with you I said ‘I don’t want to be part of a group in the Hall of Fame.’ I’d be like Brett Favre getting a Hall of Fame ring because of the Green Bay Packers.”

“Brett Favre got a ring because he’s Brett Favre.”

When Bagwell asked if he felt that a solo induction was possibly in his future, the 51-year-old stated he didn’t believe that was ever going to happen. He also noted that Lex Luger isn’t in the WWE Hall of Fame either.

Bagwell had a 10-year-run in WCW from 1991-2001. He then had a very brief run with WWE that ended shortly after a disastrous match against Booker T on the July 2nd, 2001 episode of RAW.

LionDen
12-17-2021, 03:12 AM
I think Bagwell should be in the Hall of Fame. He is well known and was wrestling all the time. The ladies loved him lol. I do not blame him for wanting to go into the HOF alone, unlike others, if Bagwell went in with NWO, that just might be it .. no alone Hall of Fame. He could have a chance still in th future.

TKO
12-17-2021, 05:07 AM
He doesn’t deserve it

LionDen
12-17-2021, 06:13 AM
He doesn’t deserve it

I would not say he was nesr the top of the list of people deserving to be in it but he did make an impact on WCW. Although, rethinking it, maybe he should have joined with NWO. lol. Might have been his only chance to get into the Hall of Fame. I don't really associate him with NWO though.