PDA

View Full Version : Fox & USA Execs Want WWE to Sign MJF

Kemo
12-16-2021, 06:25 PM
Maxwell Jacob Friedman (MJF) says there will be a bidding war for his services when his AEW contract expires in 2024. He’s not bluffing.

The Long Island loudmouth has teased the “bidding war of the century.”

MJF still under contract for almost 3 more years. However, in what has become somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy, MJF has gotten attention of TV executives from the Fox and NBC Universal (USA Network). They want WWE to make a play for him.

According to Andrew Zarian of the We’re Live, Pal podcast, MJF’s talk a 2024 bidding war has ‘got people buzzing.’

”It almost worked the corporate side of stuff on USA and even Fox,” said Zarian. “It perked their ears like ‘hey, this guy is really good. Is his contract ending in 2024? Is that true? There have been conversations and I know WWE is very interested in him.”

WWE and its television partners realize they need to invest in young talent. MJF is with AEW for the foreseeable future, but WWE could make a play for him in a few years.

Zarian’s comments can be heard in the player below:

aCYGTrOOfxE

Tony Khan appeared on Busted Open Radio shortly after MJF made the comment about a bidding war in 2024. The AEW President is fine with the idea that he could be bidding for MJF’s services come that time.

“I have no problem with it,” Khan said. “I signed him to a five year contract two years ago, he has three years left. I’m totally fine. There may be a bidding war in 2024, I’m fine with that.”

LionDen
12-17-2021, 03:10 AM
With FOX and USA wanting him as well with WWE, there could be big money in this bidding war in 3 years. Khan made a smart move with MJF. MJF's promo ability is awesome and will only improve over time.