PDA

View Full Version : WWE 24/7 to UK?

OMEN
02-19-2006, 12:55 AM
Following on from our exclusive news last month that there had been talk of NTL launching a bid to secure rights to all WWE programming when their current deal with BSkyB is up for renewal in a few years time, Wrestlemag can reveal further details on why the cable giant is showing such an interest in holding exclusive UK rights to WWE.

NTL are currently in the process of rolling out their Video On-Demand (VOD) technology to it's customers in the UK, and along with their upcoming PVR release (similar to Sky+ and TiVO for those in the United States) are keen to push VOD as their "jewel in the crown over Sky Digital", as one source phrased it to us yesterday. With all NTL customers set to be able to receive VOD by the end of 2006, the company are keen to add more appealing content over the next few years to extend upon their current on-demand library; the bulk of which is made up of highlights of television shows that have previously aired in recent days and weeks.

With WWE's own '24/7' Video On-Demand service proving popular both via their official website (WWE.com) and with various cable companies around the United States, NTL are keen to structure a deal that would see them be able to make the 24/7 service available for it's customers in the UK as well as exclusively holding the rights to air WWE Pay-Per-View's and weekly programming such as RAW and Smackdown!.

1wrestling

619_fan
02-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the news, I hope NTL get the claim to WWE 24/7 because for NTL users that would be cool but please god don't let them win the rights to Raw and SD! because that would mean alot of people would miss out (such as myself) as I believe there are more users of Sky than NTL.

Slash
02-19-2006, 02:26 AM
That would be the worse thing that could possibly happen! Sky's like a million times more popular than NTL!