PDA

View Full Version : Roman Reigns Tests Positive For COVID-19, Pulled From WWE Day 1 Match

Kemo
01-02-2022, 01:12 AM
WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar was originally booked for this year’s WWE Day 1 pay-per-view event in Atlanta, Georgia, but that match has been scrapped due to “The Big Dog” testing positive for COVID-19. Ariel Helwani first reported Reigns having the virus.

WWE has since announced that Lesnar has been added to the WWE Title bout with WWE Champion Big E, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, and Bobby Lashley, now making it a fatal 5-way.

Reigns issued the following statement on the situation:

“I yearn to perform tonight at #WWEDay1 to defend my Universal Championship. However, unfortunately, earlier today I tested positive for COVID-19. Due to the proper protocols I am unable to compete as originally scheduled. I look forward to returning to action as soon as possible.”

Smartmark
01-02-2022, 01:39 AM
LOLMAO.

Strip Roman of that damned title. Screwing the fans over with yet another match not happening. Could at least have used it as a part of a storyline.

TKO
01-02-2022, 02:09 AM
^there was a big storyline planned for Mania tonight. Possibly Brock winning, Heyman turning or Rock. Not it seems Brock will win the title and they’ll do a unification title match at Mania

Smartmark
01-02-2022, 02:30 AM
^there was a big storyline planned for Mania tonight. Possibly Brock winning, Heyman turning or Rock. Not it seems Brock will win the title and they’ll do a unification title match at Mania

WWE always seem to manage to fuck up when they are gonna pull off big storylines :P