PDA

View Full Version : TNA on the Rise?

2Slick
10-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Well it seems TNA's stock is seriously on the rise, Kurt Angle just signed and they have a huge Bound for Glory set up. Sting is possible to resign up but I don't expect him to though if he did another huge help to TNA, TNA's roster is spectacular it speaks for it self the wrestling potential and talent there as well as charisma is great in my opinion which adds a lot to TNA. They have Jarrett, Brown, Joe, Sting, Angle, Killings, BG and Kip, and tons more of charismatic people. They also have a great card for BFG built up lets talk about that as well

Career vs Title
Jeff Jarrett(c) vs Sting
Special Enforcer: Kurt Angle

6 Sides of Steel
AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels(c) vs L.A.X with Konnan

Monster's Ball
Abyss vs Brother Runt vs Raven vs Samoa Joe

TNA X-Division Title Match
Chris Sabin vs Senshi(c)

Kevin Nash's X Division Invitional

Loser is Fired
Larry vs Eric Young

Not sure about the rest of the card I think there's more on it but nothing good I think Naturals vs AMW vs James Gang vs 3D might happen.

So thats also there that great card and good use of talent it seems, TNA's got that primetime thing where its odvious its gonna be Angle's debut matchup thats why they got the slot in the first place. Is TNA on the rise or will getting former WWE superstars cause TNA to fall in the end? DEBATE IT!

Will
10-20-2006, 02:35 AM
They are losing so much money and the ratings are so far down that they are getting to the point where the only way they can go is up, or out of business. I would bet on out of business though. Dixie Carter might be rich, but she isnt rich enough to keep throwing money into the endless pit for forever.

ECW_Matt
10-23-2006, 12:48 AM
TNA was Meant to be Profitable by 2006. but i dont think that has happened. its cool promotion though

iceman927
11-01-2006, 08:47 PM
tna is slowly becoming profitable there doing house shows,spike tv is paying parts of stings and angle salary there ratings will pick up when they go primetime ppv buyrates will rise etc

RatedRa
11-10-2006, 04:14 AM
it's growing and really being helped out by the stars

flamesoffury
11-10-2006, 04:18 AM
it's not growing.. few weeks ago i saw the impact rating at .78.. that's low from what i normally see.. tna is actually going downhill even with angle.

Gotsteve2006
11-10-2006, 05:55 AM
They may be on a rise, but will never be able to compete with WWE...only Wrestling show that ever was able to compete with WWE was WCW..

Brixy
11-10-2006, 11:40 AM
and the only reason that wcw was able to compete was using wwes already built superstars and make them jump ship

Will
11-12-2006, 02:46 AM
and the only reason that wcw was able to compete was using wwes already built superstars and make them jump ship

That is one of the silliest comments ever made and makes you seem like a complete mark. Eric Bischoff is right when he says that no one ever gives WCW credit for anything. Sure WCW signed away some of WWF's talent, but Vince did the same thing to WCW and ECW. What made WCW succeed was that they went to places like Mexico and Japan and got the greatest wrestlers in the world and gave them the chance to showcase their skills, without limiting their moveset, on an international scale, while Vince had guys fighting in a pig pen and making the smaller wrestlers go at half speed so they didnt make his hoss's look bad. Former WWE guys like Nash and Hall might have put the asses in the seats, but it was guys like Muta and Mysterio and Kidman that kept them there.

cuckfena
11-16-2006, 04:54 PM
That is one of the silliest comments ever made and makes you seem like a complete mark. Eric Bischoff is right when he says that no one ever gives WCW credit for anything. Sure WCW signed away some of WWF's talent, but Vince did the same thing to WCW and ECW. What made WCW succeed was that they went to places like Mexico and Japan and got the greatest wrestlers in the world and gave them the chance to showcase their skills, without limiting their moveset, on an international scale, while Vince had guys fighting in a pig pen and making the smaller wrestlers go at half speed so they didnt make his hoss's look bad. Former WWE guys like Nash and Hall might have put the asses in the seats, but it was guys like Muta and Mysterio and Kidman that kept them there.

You mean they nicked the Mexican and Japannese wrestlers from ECW don't you

Will
11-16-2006, 05:16 PM
No, I'm referring to the relationships that they had with NJPW in Japan and AAA in Mexico and the exchange of talent that the organizations had with each other.

RVD87
11-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah dude, these days i thnk that tna has the superior product. It really isn't even an argument. THeir show is so well booked that its funny. Of course that is just my opinion.

Bush_Daddy
12-11-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't think TNA is on the rise, with all this big hype about Kurt Angle signing with them still doesn't help them rise to level to WWE. It's only a matter of time before Kurt hurts himself for good and puts himself into retirement. Also, if you realize, with most of the storylines you see on TV, most of them have been ripped off by WWE. Just look at VKM trying to imitate DX. For TNA to be a superior product they need to come out with their OWN storylines not someone elses. Honestly I think TNA sucks, but thats my own opinion.

Gotsteve2006
12-13-2006, 03:26 AM
The truth about this...NO MATTER WHAT TNA DOES...They will never and god dammit i mean NEVER be able to compete with WWE? Why? Becuase

Will
12-13-2006, 06:06 AM
The truth about this...NO MATTER WHAT TNA DOES...They will never and god dammit i mean NEVER be able to compete with WWE? Why? Becuase

I remember when everyone said that WCW didn't have a chance in hell of competing with Vince and then they dominated them for 2 years and made a billion dollars. The one constant, in sports entertainment, is that you should never say never because it only takes one good idea to change everything.

IWAxl
12-13-2006, 08:43 AM
I hope they continue to rise and one day gives WWE a major kick in the ass so WWE can also start improving their product.

Impact Player
12-17-2006, 01:32 AM
No TNA sux.

Disgorge
01-02-2007, 10:58 AM
"I don't think TNA is on the rise, with all this big hype about Kurt Angle signing with them still doesn't help them rise to level to WWE. It's only a matter of time before Kurt hurts himself for good and puts himself into retirement. Also, if you realize, with most of the storylines you see on TV, most of them have been ripped off by WWE. Just look at VKM trying to imitate DX. For TNA to be a superior product they need to come out with their OWN storylines not someone elses. Honestly I think TNA sucks, but thats my own opinion."

Imitate DX? Mother fucker they ARE DX. You realize they are made up for former DX members, correct? And WWE Rehashes their own storylines all the time. It happens in the business, it's just how it goes. TNA is doing just fine with their own storylines too, the Abyss, Cage, Sting, feud is going great, LAX's storylines so far are going great, the ONLY thing that they have really "stolen" is the VKM invading WWE thing, and even so, VKM were a PART of it when it happened back in the day. TNA ARE on the rise, it's obvious with the primetime move, and the increased ratings. They have been getting steady 1.0's since their primetime debut, and even recently gotten a 1.1 and a 1.2, and are currently being offered a 2 hour slot. Not on the rise? Are you on drugs?

"The truth about this...NO MATTER WHAT TNA DOES...They will never and god dammit i mean NEVER be able to compete with WWE? Why? Becuase"

I love the "because" logic you have going on there. Man, you know your shit. But in all seriousness, state REAL facts to support your posts, or just shut the fuck up with the bullshit you pulled out of your ass.

"No TNA sux."

Give real, legitimate reasons for this claim, or GTFO.

Matthew James
01-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Anyone who says TNA isn't on trhe rise is just in denial. Sure, their product isn't up to the level of WWE's, but then again. They've only been around for 5 or so years. I think they've done a commendable job so far.